CLOSED: We are now hiring for a Volunteers Coordinator. Join our team!
Post: Volunteers Coordinator
- Flexible working: This role can be undertaken on a hybrid basis, ideally 50/50 home and office. Flexible days/hours, ideally working Wednesday to Friday.
- Location: The office is based in idyllic Essex countryside at Old Park Farm, Main Road, Ford End, Essex, CM3 1LN
- Hours: 22.5 hours per week
- Salary: £31,008 per annum FTE (pro-rata 0.6 FTE actual £18,605 per annum)
- Term of Contract: Permanent, subject to funding
- Reporting To: Volunteers Manager
About Dementia Adventure
Dementia Adventure is a multi-award-winning national charity, established in 2009. We think differently about dementia, looking at what people can do, not what they can’t. We believe that with the right support, everyone with dementia can get outdoors, experience the well-being benefits of nature and enjoy more active and fulfilled lives. We provide supported dementia holidays (Adventures), and dementia training for family and friends, professionals and organisations.
About the role
Dementia Adventure is searching for a Volunteers Coordinator to join our small team who recruits, trains, supports and manages volunteers.
Dementia Adventure depends on its network of volunteers to help throughout the organisation, and this position will play a key role in shaping the growing involvement of volunteers across the whole organisation. With your job share partner, you will manage, train, support and develop a number of volunteer roles including, but not exclusively, volunteers to help with the delivery of supported holidays and outdoor activities for people living with dementia and their carers, volunteer community connector roles, fundraising volunteers, and administration and support roles, including trustee roles.
Reporting to the Volunteers Manager, and working with your job share partner, you will support and develop a strong volunteer culture across the organisation, advocating on behalf of and promoting volunteers at all times. An understanding of charities will be useful, as will some HR experience.
We are looking for an individual who is experienced in recruiting, supporting and managing volunteers. You will be a reliable, flexible, caring and empathetic communicator, and skilled and experienced in organisational and logistical planning with good attention to detail. You will be passionate about the power of volunteering, and about making a positive difference to people living with dementia, and energised by the opportunity to grow and develop the volunteering portfolio. You will enjoy working collaboratively as part of a small, non-hierarchical team
Closing date: 4th August at 23.59
Interviews: Tuesday 22nd, or Wednesday 23rd August at the Dementia Adventure office
How to apply
If you’d like to be considered for this role please apply through Charity Job by submitting your CV with a cover letter explaining why you would fit this role.
- Small, friendly team of 24 staff + 105 volunteers
- Beautiful offices set in an idyllic location (Essex) – Flexible, hybrid home/office model
- Competitive salary (£31,008 FTE)
- Flexible, 22.5 hours per week, ideally worked over 3-4 days per week–Flexi-time system in operation
Dementia Adventure is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.